Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pastor resigning


          It is with great sadness that I submit my resignation effective November 1st.  The church needs to have someone with the gift of evangelism if it is to survive. I have recognized this need and sought to fill it with the addition of an intern, whom I would have groomed to take over the church when I retired. The inability to secure an intern and the lack of a job offer from Syracuse for Ann has lead to my decision. Ann has been offered a job at Holy Spirit Hospital in Camp Hill, a suburb of Harrisburg PA.  I will be seeking a semi-retirement ministry in that area in pulpit supply, interim work, or Biblical counseling

Ann will start her new job on Sept. 9th.   I will be living here until such time as we can purchase a home in the Harrisburg area. Once a home is secured, we will set a date to move our belongings.  Ann will be staying in Harrisburg, working and looking for a home. She will travel back on weekends. It is our sincere hope and prayer that you will be able to secure someone with the gift of evangelism that will be able to grow the church.

Sincerely,

Pastor Larry Hendrickson

No comments:

Post a Comment